Monday, June 11, 2012

The Dream

Since Andrew died I've had very few dreams about him.  I had one a few nights ago and realized that it would be a good idea to keep a record of them somehow so I don't forget. 

In this particular dream many children who had died were allowed to come back for about an hour or so.  They were gathered in a large room that looked like the cafeteria of the college my husband and I attended when I was newly pregnant with Andrew. 

Andrew was there wearing one of his ringer tee shirts and looking like he always did. I don't remember a lot of what we said but I do remember asking him what Heaven was like and if my dad was there. He said it was great and that my dad was there but he didn't spend much time with him.  Most of the time together I was hugging Andrew and ruffling his hair like I used to do. 

At one point I asked him why he got himself out of the straps when he was in the back of the pickup. He said he hadn't wanted to unstrap himself but he knew that he was supposed to. He didn't want to leave us but he knew that it was his time. 

I woke up sometime later but still felt that I had indeed been visited by my boy. 

We miss you and love you Andrew! Now go hang out with your grandpa Wes.

No comments:

Post a Comment